Independent, vendor-neutral consultants are forging new relationships with vendors, consultants, and solution integrators/resellers.
The presence and influence of industry consultants have become increasingly pervasive across all market segments throughout our evolving industry. Independent, vendor-neutral consultants are hired to provide some combination of the following hands-on support:
- Strategic planning or overview of their client’s communications/information technology network infrastructure, capabilities and future needs.
- In-depth user needs assessment, network design, and detailed requirements prior to RFP development.
- Support in development, issuance and management of RFPs or similar requests for specific vendor solutions.
- Advise their clients in the evaluation process and selection of vendor solutions;
- Solution deployment support or management.
From No Jitter: the top 5 products/services in which consultants offered expertise to their clients in 2012 were:
- Voice network services
- VoIP/IP telephony/Converged networks
- Data network services
- Wireless/mobile network services
- Unified communications