Solution-Agnostic Telecom Consultants, or Sherpas, Effectively Guide Clients Through Today’s Complex Solution Landscape
With more technology choices, a more complex environment, and more providers, choosing the right telecom services has become increasingly difficult. Yet, it’s clear companies gain significant advantages and benefits from leveraging the proper networking services and cloud solutions. By choosing the appropriate telecom services with the guidance of a Telecom Sherpa, not only will you gain optimal internal collaboration and customer-facing communications, but heightened security and reliability in a connectivity-dependent business environment.
With this in mind, here are ten prevailing reasons to work with a Telecom Sherpa for your voice, data and cloud services:
- Obtain a telecom roadmap custom to your business from a seasoned expert. Telecom Sherpa’s work within telecom day in and day out. They live and breathe voice, data, and cloud. Your Telecom Sherpa will carefully construct the perfect plan for your business taking into account economics, growth strategies, and emerging technologies.
- Stay on the cutting edge of technology. Telecom Sherpas keep their fingers on the pulse of evolving voice, data and cloud technologies, so you can leverage the right solutions to increase efficiency, productivity, security, and reliability.
- If time is money, then stick to what you do best. Let your Telecom Sherpa take care of your voice, business phone system, data and cloud services. You’ll be much more efficient at what you already do. Adding another expert to your team will increase your peace of mind and your value to the company.
- Secure a trusted advisor providing telecom-specific counsel. A Telecom Sherpa acts as an extension of your team, guiding you with recommendations tailored specifically to your company goals and objectives. Your Sherpa is objective and will give you political cover if your decision making is questioned.
- Get access to over 100 providers. You’ll get the best provider options for your company’s needs. Your Telecom Sherpa will vet the most favorable services based on your requirements. Not all providers are equal, and most only do a core set of services well, and sometimes in only some parts of the country, not to mention internationally.
- Gain a single point of contact. Nobody likes to be on hold for support, and nobody wants a “pass-the-buck” provider that chooses to blame another technology-related vendor. You’re Telecom Sherpa will be your go-to guy, or gal, meaning less finger pointing and fewer headaches. When you’ve got a question, concern or an issue to resolve, you only need one phone number.
- Acquire better resolution channels and greater leverage. The best Telecom Sherpas have developed strong, long-term relationships with the service providers. This comes in handy when negotiating contracts or resolving/escalating service-related issues.
- Eliminate the pressure of quota-based reps. Telecom Sherpa’s are not quota-carrying salespeople. They could care less if it’s the first week of the month or the last week of the quarter. Going direct often means dealing with a singularly-focused sales rep more interested in meeting numbers and less interested in your needs. Telecom Sherpas work when the time is right for you and some have hundreds of provider options available to them, so their recommendations are unbiased.
- Develop a long-term relationship. Most good sales people move up, move on, or both. Telecommunication sales reps are no different. They frequently jump positions or companies. You may even have multiple business cards—on or in your desk—from various reps holding the same position with the same provider. If you do, you’re not alone. Telecom Sherpas are vested in their businesses, and rarely turnover.
- Do more… and do better. By outsourcing to your Telecom Sherpa, you gain valuable hours you would have spent strategizing and vetting the various providers, while negotiating contracts that are rarely apples-to-apples comparisons. And, at the end of the day, if you DIY, how can you be certain you’re utilizing the best technologies at the right price?