Hosted voice services are constantly in high demand, and new providers keep appearing to meet that demand. Businesses of all sizes are investing in hosted solutions in order to minimize costs while maximizing efficiency for their voice and unified communications needs.
There are several benefits to a hosted solution over a premise-based one, such as the ability to get new features and capabilities as they’re released without having to upgrade servers or install new software. There are some costs to be considered, such as ongoing monthly costs, but that is balanced out by little upfront costs and the affordable growth and scalability.
There are clearly benefits for SMBs when using a hosted or cloud-based service:
- Focus: Organizations of all sizes can let someone else deal with the technology, allowing the organization to focus on its core business;
- Subscription OpEx model means that you’ll just pay a monthly fee as you go, rather than spending a large amount of money upfront. This can result in significant savings compared to premise-based solutions.
- Companies can be guaranteed to get the newest features as they’re introduced, and thanks to automatic updates, will never have to worry about falling behind.
- Time to deploy: Voice and UC services can be up and running much more quickly in a hosted or cloud deployment. The service can be available swiftly and easily, without having to install and implement servers. That means that the time to deployment can be cut down from months to days.
- Simplicity: Hosted services can be much simpler for organizations to purchase, deploy, and manage than premise-based solutions. While on-premise solutions may require additional technical knowledge, hosted solutions handle that from the provider’s side, so the organizations using the service don’t need to worry about it.
Read more. Original article here.